Wednesday, October 22, 2008


Naipaul's Half A Life


The air was hot and stale inside. Looking out from the bedroom window, through wire netting and dead insects, at the rough garden and the tall paw-paw trees and the land falling away past groves of cashews and clusters of grass roofs to the rock cones which in the distance appeared to make a continuous low pale-blue range, Willie thought, 'I dont know where I am. I don't think I can pick up my way back. I don't ever want this view to become familiar. I must not unpack. I must never behave as though I am staying.'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this some parts of the novel you are reading Sadegh?

Anonymous said...

I must never behave as though I am staying.' I do agree with this sentence. But I hate to go alone! :-D
By the way, i look forward to reading new posts.

Anonymous said...

Hi you lazy boy! don't you like to add anything to your blog? I guess the silence out there will make you write sth!:-)

Anonymous said...

I miss you! chera javab nemidi?

Unknown said...

Hi

Where are you?!why don't you answer me?

Sneha said...

Nice post